- 225 g Ground beef
- 1/3 cups Panko
- 1/3 cups chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- 5 Button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 large eggs
- Add the ground beef, panko, onions, oyster sauce, worcestershire sauce and black pepper to a bowl and mix until well combined
- Split the mixture into 4 pieces and form them into 4 patties that are about a 3/4-inch (2cm) thick.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat until hot, and then add the oil.
- Add the patties and fry until they have a brown crust on one side (about 2 1/2 minutes). Flip the patties and fry until they’re cooked through (another 2 1/2 minutes).
- Transfer the patties to a plate and then add the mushrooms, sauteéing until the mushrooms are well browned.
- While the mushrooms are frying heat another sauté pan, add a bit of oil and fry the eggs. Push the mushrooms to the sides of the pan and melt the butter in the center along with the flour.
- Fry the roux until a medium brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the beef stock, soy sauce and bourbon. Once the mixture is smooth and free of lumps, put it back on the stove and bring to a boil, cooking until the gravy is nice and thick.
- Now plate and enjoy!