- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow or white onion (1/4 of a medium sized onion)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup white wine
- 1½ cup Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme or fresh rosemary your preference
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add butter and coconut oil.
- When butter is melted add onion, pinch of salt and stir until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- Add wine ¼ cup at a time stirring continually, allow a minute in between adds.
- Add blueberries and start adding stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring continually. The liquid should only be bubbling along edges of pan. Lower heat if you see bubbles in middle of pan.
- DO NOT STOP STIRRING
- Blueberries will burst and start to turn rice blue. Stir without stopping.
- Once all stock is gone, your rice should be creamy in texture.
- Lower heat and add half and half slowly while you stir.
- Remove from heat and serve.