I cannot stress enough how simple you must keep your wagyu steaks! The only way I ever eat it is with some lemon and wasabi, yup wasabi! It’s mind blowing how much wasabi can bring out the flavor in beef!
- 1 fillet Wagyu Steak
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp kewpie mayo
- Freeze the steak for about 2 hours
- cut into thin slices and place onto plastic wrap
- once it’s all laid out, place another piece of plastic wrap on top and take a mallet and gently pound until it’s thinner and “combined” into one piece
- lay onto a plate and keep in the fridge while you make the sauce
- Combine wasabi, lemon juice, and mayo to make your aioli
- drop the aioli around the plate, on top of the beef
I wasn’t kidding about only dressing the steak with wasabi and lemon, give it a try!