Creme Brulee Ingredient: Makes 5 ramekins
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pandan extract
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Beat egg yolks, white sugar, pandan, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
- Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir cream into the egg yolk mixture; beat until combined.
- Pour cream mixture into the top pan of a double boiler. Stir over simmering water until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove mixture from heat immediately and pour into ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Sift additional white sugar over custard. Place dish under broiler until sugar melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until custard is set again.