Try my fool proof way to get the most moist buttery roasted chicken. EVER!
- 1 whole chicken
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 whole lemons, sliced
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- half a head of garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Take out the wishbone right by the neck of the chicken
- using shears or a sharp knife, turn the chicken over, so breast is facing down, and cut the chicken in half, be very careful! The bones can be sharp. This allows the chicken to cook faster and more even
- carefully separate the chicken skin from the meat, insert in the butter, add it generously!
- Line the pan with tin foil and lay on the lemon (leaving some for the top of the chicken), thyme and garlic
- Place the chicken on top, layer on some lemon on top of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake at 425F for 50 minutes or until done
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 – 15 minutes