Ingredients: 20 – 24 rolls
- 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 envelopes (1/4 oz each) of Active Dry Yeast
- 2 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of white sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 can of premade cream cheese frosting
- Combine two packages of active dry yeast with warm water in the bowl in your stand mixer
- Stir until dissolved, let it set for 10 min.
- Add cake mix, flour, vanilla and salt. Use dough hook attachment to knead dough together.
- Move to larger bowl, cover, and let rise for about an hour. Punch dough down after an hour, and let rise again for another hour.
- Roll into a rectangle shape, measured about 28×17.
- Spread softened butter over dough. Sprinkle with brown sugar, white granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Start from farthest edge and roll dough tightly into a long skinny log shape. Slice into 20 – 24 rolls.
- Place rolls in two 9×13 pans that have been greased with butter, or sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Let rise a final time in pan for about 30 minutes
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes
- Spread cream cheese frosting on top