- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Oil for frying
- Separate the Oreo cookies, scraping the filling into a bowl then put the chocolate cookies into a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- In a sauce pan, bring water, butter, brown sugar, and salt to a boil.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, 2 tablespoons Oreo cookie crumbs, and cinnamon. Once the water mixture has come to a boil, remove from the heat and mix in the flour mixture. Keep mixing until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until a dough forms
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper. Fit a pastry bag with a large star-shaped piping tip and fill the bag with the churro dough.
- Pipe the dough into long strips
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to set and chill the dough.
- Add oil to a large skillet or deep fryer so that it’s at least 2 inches deep. Line a separate baking sheet with several layers of paper towels.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the granulated sugar with the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Fry 1-2 churros at a time, turning them over occasionally so they brown evenly. When finished they will be slightly puffed. Transfer to the paper-towel-lined baking sheet using a slotted spoon or spatula to let the oil drain. Quickly toss them in the sugar mixture while they are still hot.
- Continue working in small batches until all of the churros are fried.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand-up mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold in the Oreo filling, being careful not to overmix. Place into a bowl and serve a dollop of whipped cream with each churro.