- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about one large lemon)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp water
- 1-2 tsp truffle oil
- In a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice, process for 1 minute, scrape the sides, and process again for another 30 seconds, this WHIPS the tahini!
- Add the olive oil, garlic and salt to the tahini mixture, process for another 30 seconds, scrape the sides, and process for another 30 seconds
- Add half the chick peas and process for 1 min, scrape the sides and add the remaining chick peas and process for another 1 – 2 minutes
- Your mixture will still have bits of chickpeas, so this is when you leave the processor on and slowly drizzle in the water. Process until smooth.
- Now while the mixture is still on, drizzle in the truffle oil!