I would actually thank my sister for coming up with this recipe! It’s perfect for the summer, but…. risotto is good anytime of the year in my books!
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon olive
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 cup Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups carrot juice
- Zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add butter and olive oil.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter.
- Add wine ¼ cup at a time stirring continually, allow a minute in between adds.
- Alternate adding the carrot juice and stock ¼ cup at a time, stirring continually. The liquid should only be bubbling along edges of pan. Lower heat if you see bubbles in middle of pan.
- DO NOT STOP STIRRING
- Once all stock is gone, your rice should be creamy in texture.
- Lower heat and add Lemon juice
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Top with sprinkling of lemon zest