Rack of Lamb
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
Basil & Parsley mint vinegar sauce
- 3 tsp Mint vinegar (got this at a specialty store)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup parsley
- few sprigs of mint leaves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- create a dry rub with all the dry ingredients and cover the lamb
- in a plastic bag, place the lamb inside, careful not to puncture the bag with the ribs
- pour in the red wine vinegar and let it marinate for about an hour
- preheat the oven at 375F
- take this out of the bag and sear the outside of the lamb, think of this as if you want to keep in all the juice when you bake it
- cover with tin foil and bake for 20 min, this creates a medium, blushed lamb, leave it in a bit longer if you want your lamb cooked well.
- While the lamb is baking, blend all the ingredients to make the sauce
- Start on the herb crust, blend all ingredients until combined and the bread crumbs take on the vibrant green color. Note that this doesn’t happen right away, but it will! Be patient and keep blanching.
- Take the lamb out and cover the outside the the herb crust, careful, it’s hot!
- Put it back in the oven for a few minutes and take out to let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting.