It’s basically a Viet Sub on a plate! Now THIS is a hearty breakfast that would satisfy anyone who loves Vietnamese subs!
And you know what makes this dish? THE MAYO!
- French bread
- eggs – sunny side up
- vietnamese head cheese (sounds weird, but it’s just the variety meat you get in viet subs, can buy at asian markets)
- vietnamese ham (can buy at asian markets)
- pate paste
- pickled carrots
- vietnamese mayo – directions below
- drizzle of soy sauce on eggs (not shown, but definitely makes the meal)
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic – grated
- salt to taste
- Whisk the egg yolks and WHILE you’re still whisking, keep drizzling the oil in, do not add too much at once! You have to be constantly be whisking, you cannot let the yolk and oil separate.
- When combined, whisk in garlic and salt to taste