Seared Duck Breast with balsalmic drizzle! Do not be intimidated with duck meat, it’s one of the simplest and fastest to cook!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 Duck Breasts
- 2 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- score the duck skin in a criss cross motion, but do not go all the way through, just need it deep enough to release some of the fat
- sprinkle the sea salt on both sides and let it rest for 15 minutes
- Mean while, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil and add sugar, boil off the sugar and reduce, set aside
- wipe off the salt from the duck breast and the moisture that came out
- on a hot pan (no need for oil) lay the duck breasts skin side down on medium high for 6 – 7 minutes
- flip and sear for another 6 – 7 minutes
- take off the pan and let it rest for another 10 minutes
- Slice and plate!