Snickers Cupcakes! These looked great right after I finished. But be warned, gravity takes a toll on the Nougat Frosting. If you make these, make them ready to serve the same day!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nougat Frosting icing:
- 1 Jar of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter
- Caramel sauce for drizzle
- crushed peanuts
OPTIONAL: Caramel buttercream frosting:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the icing in a mixer
- Put the frosting into a piping bag
- Frost the cupcakes