More Halloween Baking!! I made googly eyed monster cupcakes. These are sooooo easy since you don’t have to try to make them pretty haha
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla Buttercream icing:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Blue food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Purple food coloring….. actually, any color you want!
- White chocolate melts for eyes
- store bought eye candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Mix all the ingredients together for the icing in a mixer
- Using an icing spreader, I just globbed the icing onto the cupcake and in an upwards motion created the peaks for the monster texture and added eyes