Right, so I’m JUST getting around to posting my halloween creations. These were so fun to make, so easy too, I loved it since I didn’t have to be delicate, and the rougher they looked, the better!
I had a bunch of chocolate cupcakes left over and didn’t make enough icing so i decided to make Mummy Cake Balls
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp store bought icing, flavor does not matter
- 3 cups of white chocolate melts
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill a baking pan with the batter, it doesn’t matter what shape or size, it’ll get smushed anyways!
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool
- break the cake up into small bits, add the extra icing to bind
- start rolling the cake into balls and set in freezer
- Now melt the chocolate over a double broiler
- take the cake balls out of the freezer and dip into white chocolate, doesn’t matter if it’s messy, that’s a good thing!
- lay on parchment paper
- drizzle some more extra chocolate over top so it looks like the mummy’s wrapping
- when the chocolate has dried, use a toothpick to carefully poke eye holes
- dip the toothpick into red food coloring and just dab into the eyes
Voila! Mummy CakeBalls! So adorable