It’s all about plating!! I love the combination of watermelon and feta cheese, so I simply cubed some up and made a checkerboard display. I drizzled with some blueberry balsamic vinegar on top. Delish.
Below, I know you can’t see it very well, but it’s probably my favorite dish I’ve made all summer. It’s Baked Cauliflower with cheese, capers and panko.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 a jar of capers, don’t worry, it’s not that much!
- 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs
- melt the butter in a medium pot
- mean while cut up the cauliflower into bite size pieces and wash
- add flour to the melted butter and whisk until it’s dissolved
- add milk and whisk until the rue is fully combined
- add in cheese to melt
- lower heat and add the capers and cauliflower
- stir and let it simmer (cover if you’d like it to cook faster)
- Stir here and there, just so the cheese doesn’t collect at the bottom
- The cauliflower is finished when it becomes a bit translucent and soft to touch
- place into a baking pan and top with panko bread and more grated cheese if you’d like
- Bake at 400 degree or until the top has crusted and colored