This is probably one of the easiest ways to decorate a cake and blow everyone’s minds!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Box of strawberries
- 2 cups dark chocolate melts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melts
- 1 pack of kitkat bars (buy the ones that have 12 in a pack)
- Ribbon Color of Choice
- 1 Can of store bought chocolate icing
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Pore into 2 – 3 (depending on how many and how thick of layers you want) 9inch round cake pans
- Bake 15-17 min or until the toothpick comes out clean
- let it cool
- Place each cake on top of each other with a thin layer of icing in between
- cover the top and sides of the cake with chocolate icing, don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be neat!
- break off each kitkat bar and slowly line them on the side of the cake like a fence
- Tie a ribbon around the cake so they set straight, and it looks super cute!
- melt the dark chocolate over a double boiler
- dip each strawberry and set on a tray to cool
- drizzle with melted white chocolate for decoration and place each strawberry on top of the cake however you please!
TADA! One professional looking cake to showoff! Enjoy!!