As you can tell, I love it when cupcakes looks like other food! it may freak some people out, but I find it absolutely adorable.
Chocolate cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla cupcake ingredients:
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Store bought Red & Green Icing
- Caramel Drizzle
- Cocktail Swords
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Repeat with Vanilla cupcakes
- Set Aside to cool.
- cut each of the vanilla cupcakes in half, and use the bottom and middle part of the chocolate cupcakes for the patty. Keep the Round top for future use (Will be in next blog)
- to Frost, I bought store bought red and green icing. I also used caramel sauce on the inside of the cupcake. Decorate it so that both the green and red would show up when the burger is closed.
- Use a fancy toothpick or cocktail sword to keep them standing upright
- refrigerate before serving