I could always eat cookie dough by the spoonful, but yes yes, it’s unhealthy and could be dangerous because of the raw egg. But I found a solution! Cookie Dough Frosting!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
- 2/3 cups salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup ultragrain flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Frost Cupcakes, but don’t try to pipe it on. It’s WAY too thick for that, had to use a frosting knife for this one
- In a large bowl, whip together butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in flour and salt, then add powdered sugar, vanilla, molasses and half and half.
- Fold in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips for a spreadable frosting and use the rest as a garnish.
I ate spoonfuls of the frosting! Enjoy!