I used to beg my mom to buy Dunkaroos for my recess snack. It was my favorite! I haven’t had dunkaroos in almost a decade, so when I found a recipe for a low calorie dunkaroo dip…. yea. O_O
I loved the dip, it’s great as a party platter if you bring some graham crackers or other biscuits to dip. I came up with the idea of putting it on a cupcake, well, cause I’m crazy and I love dunkaroos.
Dunkaroo Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 box Confetti Cake mix
- 2 cups non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup non fat whipped cream (NOT whipPING cream)
- Warning: Try to keep the frosting cold, my house was pretty warm, So after I frosted the cupcakes, it sort of melted down into a weird shape =(
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
- let it stand in the fridge for 30 min while you make the cupcakes, it will expand
- try not to eat it all before you get to frost the cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Frost Cupcakes, add a graham cookie on top if you want
NOM NOM NOM SO GOOD!