I love to bake. And I always seem to be the one to bake cakes for friend’s birthdays. So when it comes to my Boyfriend’s birthday, I always have to out do myself….. to make him feel a little more special. HA
These are just my basic Vanilla Cakes:
- 3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Split the mixture into the 2 pans
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- let cool completely
- using parchment paper, draw the outline of your design and cut it out
- use this to trace out the image you want
- frost the cake accordingly to your character
As for icing, it’s really up to you, I use Vanilla icing so that i can color them to which ever character I feel like:
Ingredients: Makes 3 cups of icing
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Use your imagination! You’ll be surprised with what you can come up with.
In this picture, you’ll see that I made the Labbit poop out little Domos and a giant Domo poop haha. I made these out of marshmallows! A tutorial on my marshmallows will be coming soon.
Amumu from League of Legends