I’ve always wanted to make my own chapsticks, and it’s incredibly simple!
I just bought a batch of 50 empty chapstick tubes from esty, along with little pebbles of bees wax. Very inexpensive.
Ingredients: Makes 4 chapsticks
- 1 tablespoon Beeswax
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 4 chapstick tubes
- essential oil of your choosing
—- Note: I like a more smooth, shinier finish, so I added 1:1 ratio of coconut oil to beeswax. If you prefer a more matte finish, add more beeswax.
Another tip, if you would like color. Add Jello or Koolaid powder! I kept mine clear since I was giving them away and didn’t know people’s preference.
- In a double broiler (i lined mine with tin foil so it’s easier to clean) melt the wax
- once melted, add the coconut oil, heat until fully melted
- Add your flavoring, I also used flavor extract, the simple ones from any supermarket, and it worked! But I had to use quite a bit to get the flavor to shine through. Lorann Oils work best.
- Using the tin foil that lined the double broiler, make a little pouring spout so it’s easier to fill the chaptick tubes
- let it solidify for half hour
I also just printed a picture of the fruit that the chapstick was flavored with, on some name tag stickers and stuck them on.
Voila! Cheap & cute gifts! Enjoy!