- 3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Split the mixture into 6 bowls
- Add food coloring accordingly
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pans
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Repeat steps (I split the baking up since I only had 2 baking pans)
I had used store bought icing to coat the cake. I find fondant sticks much better to store bought as opposed to a buttercream icing. I also bought the fondant icing from Bulk Barn. It tastes much better than the ones from Michaels.
Note, My friend’s name is Cat, and I stuck the #24 between Happy & Cat. Just so you don’t think I made an entire cake for a cat…