I love Salsa, but the store bought ones have so much Salt in it! Solution? Make my own!
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Can tomato paste
- Half a red onion
- 1/2 cup of Banana Peppers
- Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 lime
- Boil the Tomatoes just long enough where you can pull off the skin
- mix the tomato paste with 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup of water to become a thick liquid paste
- Chop up the tomatoes, onion, and banana peppers
- Mix together with the tomato paste
- squeeze in one whole lime
- add sriracha to taste
Granted, you can add just about any herb or vegetable you’d like. Just make sure you have the tomato, tomato paste, and lime base. I put this salsa literally on everything. With chips, Omelets, Salads, Sandwiches, etc.