- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup golden brown caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup black coffee (cooled)
1. Preheat the oven to350°F and grease and grease cake pan
2. Cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy
3. Beat the eggs and then mix them in thoroughly to the sugar mixture
4. Sift in the flour with the baking soda and baking powder and fold in until throughly mixed
5. Pour in the cooled coffee and mix in thoroughly
6. Divide equally between the two cake tins and bake at 350°C for about 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
7. Leave to cool
Ingredients: Makes 3 cups of icing
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer
- Add vanilla, Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often
- When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy
- Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use
Blue Crystal Meth” Rock Candy
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp clear flavoring extract
- 1 drop blue gel food coloring
- Candy thermometer
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup, and granulated sugar. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil, then stop stirring and brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Insert a candy thermometer.
- Continue to cook the candy without stirring until it reads 290-295 degrees Fahrenheit on the thermometer. Watch the temperature carefully–a lower temperature might produce sticky candy, while a higher temperature runs the risk of producing green candy! Once at 285, take the pan off the heat and let it sit for a few moments, until bubbles stop breaking on the surface. Add the flavoring and a drop of food coloring, and stir everything together.
- Pour the candy onto the prepared baking sheet and tilt it so that it runs into a thin layer. Let it set completely at room temperature.
- Once set, break it into small pieces by hand. For the complete “crystal meth” experience, place the pieces in a large zip-top bag and smash them with a rolling pin until they are crushed. Store the candy in an airtight container at room temperature.
NOW, as for the breaking bad design, I don’t really have much to direct on here. I basically just eyed some Walter White photos I found through Google.